Care in the Creek Medical Clinic will be closed Monday July 1, 2019 for the Canada Day Holiday.
Enjoy your day!
To register for the following workshops, visit:
Adolescent Dating Violence: Prevalence, Correlates, Outcomes and Prevention
Available until: September 1, 2019 - 7:00 PM
This presentation will introduce attendees to the topic of adolescent dating violence. The latest research on prevalence, correlates and outcomes will be reviewed, as well as best practices for prevention. The presenter will also review key take-aways for health care providers, parents and educators.
Speaking OUT: A Special Report on LGBTQ2S+ Young People in the Child Welfare and Youth Justice Systems
Available until: July 9, 2019 - 8:00 PM
1. To learn about the Speaking OUT Special Report process, themes, recommendations and the next steps in this systemic advocacy effort.
2. To build on participants knowledge of supporting LGBTQ2S+ young people and to encourage action to improve their experiences and realities.
3. To hear from young people about what works, what doesn't and how things should change.
Collaborative Problem Solving Approach for Children, Youth and Families
Available until: November 15, 2019 - 6:00 PM
1. To learn about the difference between triggers/expectations, lagging skills and challenging behavior.
2. To understand the rationale for helping children and youth develop 5 common lagging skills for better adaptation.
3. To learn the advantages of collaborative vs. coercive approaches with children and youth.